Welcome to Bellefonte!
Nestled in the heart of Historic Victorian Bellefonte, the Bellefonte B&B is a Georgian Revival home built in 1899 as the residence of baker, caterer, and confectioner, Joseph Ceader. Since then, the Ceader Home has served as a doctor’s office as well as a family residence.
The beautiful and historic brick building has been renovated and updated to be your home-away-from-home with the perfect combination of classic charm and modernization.
Bellefonte B&B is located in downtown Bellefonte, where you can enjoy walking to all the local attractions and establishments, and just a 9-mile drive to State College for the Game, Graduation, Art Fest, or whatever your event happens to be.
Free off-street parking is available in the private lot across the street for your convenience while you explore the town and spend the night.
You'll enjoy the grandeur of this historic home, while benefiting from the comfort of new and modern amenities. Newly renovated rooms, common areas, and a hearty home-cooked breakfast are included in your stay. There are 3 private guest rooms available, each with an ensuite bathroom. Inquire about the two-room adjoining suite option offered with the Coastal Room.
Important Covid-19 Update
Bellefonte Bed and Breakfast is your home-away-from-home, as well as our own home. We want to keep you (and ourselves) as safe as possible during your stay. In case you're curious, here are steps we are currently taking in response to Covid-19:
The three individual tables (one per guest room) in our spacious Dining Room are adequately arranged per social distancing guidelines.
- Staggered dining times available
- Tables, chairs routinely cleaned and disinfected
- Outdoor dining tables available
- Breakfast-in-bedroom and Take Away options are available
As always, we “turn” each of the three bedrooms/bathrooms after each guest checks out. Turning a room includes:
- Changing, laundering and/or disinfecting all linens, including duvet covers, pillow shams, and blankets.
- Cleaning & disinfecting surfaces, paying special attention to high touch areas (light switches, table tops, faucet and toilet handles, etc.).
Public/shared spaces (Library, Game Room, Sunroom/Porch, outdoor areas):
There's plenty of space for roaming and relaxing indoors and outdoors.
- EPA approved disinfectants are used routinely in guest rooms and shared spaces (including outdoor furniture).
- We are paying special attention to frequent cleaning of higher traffic areas and high touch surfaces such as door knobs, light switches, remote controls, and handrails.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located in shared space areas.
In addition, for an interim period while reopening of travel is being evaluated by officials, we will quarantine rooms for a 24-hour period between guests as an additional precaution.